[Registrar] New public forum (contains intent to flip Publicity)

This message contains an intent to make a new forum public.

Gaelan and nix, with assistance from Aris and Trigon, have graciously
prepared a new backup list to keep Agora strong: agoranomic@groups.io

The forum shall be known as Gio.

Please subscribe at https://groups.io/g/agoranomic . Note that although
groups.io provides many features besides email, the forum I am referring to is
specifically the email list: if something doesn't get to Gio's subscribers by
email, it wasn't sent via Gio.

I intend, without objection, to flip Gio's instance of the Publicity switch to
Public.

(Note: new members need to be approved by a moderator. This is set up to
comply with groups.io's requirement for an anti-spam measure to be in
place. We believe this doesn't violate R478's access requirement as long
as it is consistently dealt with quickly. nix and Gealan are mods, and
will soon add G. and omd.)

--
Falsifian

Gaelan

On Oct 24, 2020, at 5:27 AM, Falsifian <agora@falsifian.org> wrote:

[...]

(This message contains no game actions.)

I'm not sure this works. 478 requires, when making a forum public, "the announcement by which the Registrar makes that forum public is sent to all existing public fora". It's worth nothing that this says "sent to", which is a different standard than "sent via"; regardless, we should make sure this works even when some public fora are down.

Gaelan

Aspen

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 2:24 AM Gaelan <gbs@...> wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2020, at 5:27 AM, Falsifian <agora@...> wrote:
>
> This message contains an intent to make a new forum public.
>
> Gaelan and nix, with assistance from Aris and Trigon, have graciously
> prepared a new backup list to keep Agora strong: agoranomic@groups.io
>
> The forum shall be known as Gio.
>
> Please subscribe at https://groups.io/g/agoranomic . Note that although
> groups.io provides many features besides email, the forum I am referring to is
> specifically the email list: if something doesn't get to Gio's subscribers by
> email, it wasn't sent via Gio.
>
> I intend, without objection, to flip Gio's instance of the Publicity switch to
> Public.
>
> (Note: new members need to be approved by a moderator. This is set up to
> comply with groups.io's requirement for an anti-spam measure to be in
> place. We believe this doesn't violate R478's access requirement as long
> as it is consistently dealt with quickly. nix and Gealan are mods, and
> will soon add G. and omd.)
>
> —
> Falsifian

(This message contains no game actions.)

I'm not sure this works. 478 requires, when making a forum public, "the announcement by which the Registrar makes that forum public is sent to all existing public fora". It's worth nothing that this says "sent to", which is a different standard than "sent via"; regardless, we should make sure this works even when some public fora are down.

First of all, that doesn't apply yet. That's only for the announcement making the forum public, not for the announcement of intent.

Secondly, CFJ 1905 explains the difference between "sent to" and "sent via", a standard under which this has been sent to the public forum.

-Aris

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 04:27:48AM +0000, Falsifian wrote:
[...]

Seeing no objection, I flip Gio's instance of the Publicity switch to
Public.

--
Falsifian